FUN ENJOYABLE FOOTBALL
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND Anti-Discrimination Policy
• SoccerKicks Coaching is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the organisation at every level. Sport belongs to and should be enjoyed by everyone, equally. Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability. Equality of opportunity at SoccerKicks Coaching means that in all our activities we will not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably, on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
• SoccerKicks Coaching will not tolerate sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal and will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
• Our commitment is to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or ability and to encourage equal opportunities.
• SoccerKicks Coaching is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members of whatever level or authority, to abide and adhere to this general principle and the requirements of the Codes of Practice issued by the Equal Opportunities Commission and Commission for Racial Equality. All members are expected to abide by the requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1986 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
• Specifically discrimination is prohibited in:
1. Treating any individual on grounds of gender, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientated or disability less favourably than others.
2. Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirement(s) for any reason whatsoever related to their membership, which is different to the requirements for others.
3. Imposing on individual requirements that are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on others. For example this would include applying a condition (which is not warranted by the requirements of the position) that makes it more difficult for members of a particular race or gender to comply than others not of that race or gender.
4. Victimisation of an individual.
5. Harassment of an individual (which for the purposes of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable thereto is regarded as discrimination).
6. Any other act or omission of an act, which has as its effect the disadvantaging of a member against another, or others, purely on the above grounds. Thus, in the entire Club's recruitment, selection, promotion and training processes, as well as disciplinary matters etc.- in other words all instances where those in control of members are required to make judgements between them - it is essential that merit, experience, skills and temperament are considered as objectively as possible.
• SoccerKicks Coaching commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice cease forthwith, restitution of damage or loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of any member accused of discrimination. Any member found guilty of discrimination will be instructed to desist forthwith. SoccerKicks Coaching commits itself to the disabled person whenever possible and will treat such members, in aspects of their recruitment and membership, in exactly the same manner as other members, the difficulties of their disablement permitting assistance will be given, wherever possible to ensure that disabled members are helped in gaining access. Appropriate training will be made to such members who request it.